The War Against War

The War Against War


War. You love it or you hate it. I personally am not a fan of going to war with other countries. I feel as if war actually hurts more than it helps. During war, lots of money and resources are sent over to the soldiers fighting for us. There are many casualties in war. Innocent people are dying over a disagreement between two or more leaders of a country. The two websites, ANTIWAR.COM and The American Conservative both have strong views on war. Both websites call out the government and expose underhanded tactics that the government may be using. These websites allow the American people to see everything. Not just what the media wants us to see or what the government wants us to believe. I think that websites like this aren't really talked about because many people just believe what the government tells them without doing their own research about it. I think that websites like these are important because they tell us what is really going on. However, like any news outlet, I do feel like one needs to be careful when looking through these websites because I feel as if some information could possibly be skewed in favor of what the website is saying. I also think that a lot of people who have antiwar sentiment are shut down by those in power so they often are not able to get their point out without someone shutting them down. I have never even seen these websites before my professor brought them to my attention. But those against war seem to have a large following so I'm perplexed about why sites like this don't have more notoriety. 

Comments

Popular Posts